The Emerald Coast is known for its sugar-sand beaches, emerald waters, and iconic sand dunes. However, Emerald Coast cities such as Panama City Beach Florida, experience extreme seasonal variation in the perceived humidity.
The relative humidity is high 6.5-7 months out of the year and there are unique challenges a homeowner will face with respect to indoor air quality and the attraction of mold growth. Mold is a serious issue and can cause secondary damage or severe health problems.
Panama City Beach Florida
Whether you’re experiencing mold problems in Santa Rosa Beach, Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, Panama City Beach or any other Emerald Coast area, Apex Disaster Specialists is your local mold removal and mold remediation service. If you have mold damage and would like to speak with an Apex Disaster Specialist mold damage consultant, please click here to fill out a brief form or Call 877-307-3088
If you find mold growth in your home it’s important to know that a few types of mold are highly toxic. There are three types of mold – toxic mold, allergenic mold, and black mold.
Black mold itself is not toxic but is actually considered toxigenic which means that black mold can reach a stage where it produces aggressive mold spores that can become airborne. These airborne spores can cause serious health problems so it’s important to take immediate action.
If the affected area is more than 10 square feet it’s important to hire a certified mold remediation and removal service like Apex Disaster Specialists.
- Remove the source of any moisture from the affected area.
- Seal any open entry ways that lead to other areas of the home. We recommend using heavy plastic. Seal the plastic in
- Place with high grade duct tape.
- Place an exhaust fan in the room if there are any outdoor openings to help remove mold spores.
- Wear a face-mask or preferably a respirator.
- Cover arms, legs and hands to avoid contact with mold spores.
- Use soap and a sponge to remove visible mold. If dry, lightly spray with water.
- Place all sponges and other material used in a heavy duty garbage bag and tie.
- Exit to the nearest exit of the home.