US News Contributor Geoff Williams wrote a very telling article back in August 2015 about the various dangers of mold. Below are snippets of that very article.

Mold. The very word can put terror into the eyes of a homeowner. After all, mold in your home can make you and your family sick. If nothing else, it looks disgusting. But it can also weaken your walls, ceilings and floor. And if you try to sell a house known to have mold, you might as well put a sign on your front lawn that reads: “Not For Sale.”

So if you think you have mold, and plenty houses do – a 2003 University of Arizona study found that 100 percent of homes have mold (albeit not necessarily the dangerous kind) – what should you do?

Test for mold. That’s probably the last thing you or any homeowner wants to hear because mold testing can be expensive, and there are plenty of horror stories out there. Several years ago, Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, who owns a public relations consulting company in San Diego, had a “wicked case of mold” in her kitchen.

“I had no idea it was developing until I could smell it,” Falkenthal says.

It turned out to be mold that had developed due to a slow plumbing leak, and by the time she could smell the mold, it was so bad, she ended up having to hire a flood restoration team to gut her kitchen, remove the mold and rebuild a new one during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The mold removal alone – not including the cost of rebuilding her kitchen – set her back $15,000.

Be sure to check out the rest of Geoff Williams article by clicking here…

Source: Geoff Williams – US News

%d bloggers like this: